Science in the Parks is an interactive outreach program for children of all ages, especially preschool through middle school, as well as their families. The free program visits six parks each summer in the Ogden area, in conjunction with Ogden School District’s free summer lunch program. Each week we visit a different park, and each day of the week we present a different collection of interactive, playful, and fun science activities.
Our tour is back for the summer of 2015! Here’s the list of dates and parks that we’ll be at from 11:30-1:00, Monday through Friday, offering free, playful science for families to engage with:
- June 8-12, 2015 at Lorin Farr Park (769 Canyon Road, Ogden)
- June 15-19, 2015 at 4th Street Park (502 Wall Avenue, Ogden)
- June 22-26, 2015 at Monroe Park (850 30th Street, Ogden)
- June 29 – July 2, 2015 at Jaycee Park (2465 Fillmore Avenue, Ogden) *Note: holiday on July 3
- July 6-10, 2015 at Mt. Ogden Park (3144 Taylor Avenue, Ogden)
- July 12-17, 2015 at West Ogden Park (751 West 24th Street, Ogden)
Here’s our map, in case you are looking for what site is closest to your home.
Each day includes a different set of activities including:
See it! | Hear it! | Build it! | Move it! | Feel it!
[We’re working on links to each of our themes to give you a more comprehensive list of activities.]
“Like” us on Facebook for updates and other fun discussions.
Or, feel free to contact Adam Johnston (firstname.lastname@example.org, 801.626.7711) with your questions or for more specific details.
Science in the Parks has benefited from past and ongoing support from:
- The Val A. Browning Foundation
- Weber County R.A.M.P.
- The Utah Families Foundation
- The Ott Planetarium
- Weber State’s Department of Physics and College of Science
And, we’re also working on a “Frequently Asked Questions” page, mostly because it’s interesting to think about the questions we get asked as well as the questions we think we should get asked.
Did you know that there’s an Arts in the Parks program, too? They visit the same parks as us (on different weeks), and we’re big fans of what they do.
Media and Press